Just like any other human being, I too have loads of bad habits that I definitely and badly want to rectify. I like to say that I’m disciplined and that I can do anything that I put my mind into but when it comes to things that I like to do for myself like correcting bad habits, I am actually so bad at that.
So here are some of my bad habits that I would want to break:
1. Eating even when not hungry. I am the type of person who loves to eat anything (I’m not a picky eater) and everything (because I don’t like having any leftovers, it’s such a waste) but I do too tend to overdo it most often than not. I like having a huge meal and have a cup of tea or coffee at least 5 minutes afterwards. After 2 hours, I start to look for food again even though how much I try to avoid the temptation, I still easily give in most of the time despite me being not hungry at all. It could also be the reason why I always feel bloated. I’d like to the do small but frequent feedings again which I think is ideal.
2. Spending too much time watching tv or surfing the internet. I cannot turn off the tv as long as there’s a show that I like watching. Believe me, I can be in front of the tv, watching all day. I’ve done that for way too long. If I couldn’t get hold of the remote, then I’ll turn to my laptop which is more dangerous because you can spend more time in there. I like binge watching my favorite shows and when I say binge watch I mean at least 12 episodes a day.
3. Staying up late or not sleeping at all. And what have I been doing? Both stuff above. My sleeping pattern is so disturbed that I am really struggling with my sleep. I usually sleep at around 8 or 9 in the morning, wake up at around 5 in the afternoon and repeat. Having a wrecked sleeping pattern led to not eating on time, eating more than the usual during the night, hormones on whack which explains my breakouts and of course, not having a quality sleep.
4. Being negative minded which is super unhealthy. Being negative attracts all of the negative things which cause me to have a huge deal of stress and anxiety.
5. Having my hand on my face. I know I shouldn’t but I just unconsciously do it, giving me more breakouts. How frustrating!
6. Procrastinating. I am the queen of this thing. Seriously. I put off even the simple stuff for as long as I can even though the perfectionist in me is screaming to just do it, I still don’t.
7. Loving sugar and chocolates too much. I am addicted to them. I may have the biggest sweet tooth in the world. I always crave sweet and chocolaty foods. Another reason for my breakouts, my skin flare up when I consume too much of them.
8. Breaking promises to myself. Breaking promises is bad in general and I feel guiltier when I break a promise I made to myself. All of those resolutions and promises I made for the better of me, nothing ever really happened.
9. Being too sentimental to things. I like holding on to things especially if it was gifted to me or basically anything that can make me remember a certain memorable events. I’m not a hoarder that’s why I need to correct this because if not, I may become one.
10. Always conscious/worried of what other people think. I want to know or learn how to ignore them.
How about you, what are the bad habits that you’d like to break? ^^